With social distancing and self-isolation, there is an increase of the number of people spending more and more time at home. There is a chance we might all end up quarantine soon, hence we made a list with some ideas for you to keep busy.
Take note from “Tangled” star Rapunzel, who has an entire song about how she’s spent her days alone in a castle. Activities included in her ditty: Ventriloquy, candle-making, papier-mâché and adding a new painting to her gallery.
- Use Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts or Marco Polo to video chat with your long-distance friends.
- Learn something useful. All this extra free time, and all the information available online there are many options: Languages, hobbies, improve your computer skills or your science knowledge, to list a few.
- If it won’t bother your neighbours: Dust off that old instrument and practice.
- Watch all the really long movies you’ve avoided until now.
- Finally read all those books you have been postponing all this time.
- Meditate. Try lying down with your eyes closed, palms up and while focusing on your breath.
- Enrol into an online course/activity.
- Start practising yoga or other activity, maybe calligraphy, by following videos on YouTube.
- Finally go through all your wardrobe and possessions and decide what is really necessary and what not. You can donate some items after the pandemic has passed. Remember what Marie Kondo preaches; “no joy, no need”
- Treat yourself to a 10-step skin care routine you don’t have time for during a normal work week.
- Write actual letters to family and friends. After that? Write thank-you notes to service people who you remember went out of their way for you.
- Put on a soap opera. Mute the sound. Create your own dialogue. (Group activity)
- Watch the films that won Oscars for best picture
- Take a bubble bath (bonus: Add a glass of wine).
- Look at yourself in the mirror. Attempt a self portrait with pencil and paper.
Be the first to comment on "15 Things to do while in isolation"